Tuesday, November 10, 2009

coming home

Hey Family!! I'm sitting here at the mission home dining room table emailing YOU!! I don't have that much to say because I've had the opportunity to talk to you 3 times in the past couple of days. What a doozy of a week. It has seemed much much longer than 6 days since this all started. I know though that the Lord gives us trials and hard things so that we can overcome and become stronger. Pres. Corey and I decided that it's not really possible for me to recover on a mission, so I'm coming home. I'm not sure when.... but i am. My plan is to recover as fast a possible so I can come back out and finish my work here. Luckily they let you fill your whole mission... so if i'm home for 1 month, then i get to stay an extra month. I don't know why all of this has had to happen... it's certainly been a trying week. I don't know what i would do without the priesthood, my wonderful companion, and the Corey's, and the power of prayer... i know that Heavenly Father loves me and is mindful of all the pain and anxiety i'm going through. There is a reason for everything that we go through... something i have to remind myself of when things get tough. I'm so grateful for the doctors and nurses who have helped me through the past days and who have been so knowledgeable and kind. It's been really hard to realize that what i'm going through is real... even though my body is as healthy as a horse. We also have a mind that sometimes has difficulties too... through this all i have learned so much! Anyway... i'm just sitting here feeling like bawling... so i think i might go and do just that. :) Thanks to everyone for their support and prayers... they mean so much to me!!! The church is such a wonderful thing, and i've loved the opportunity i've had to be here in indiana serving the people here. i know that i'll get another chance... nothing is stopping me from coming back. Well, i better go... i'm not even dressed for today and it's time to eat lunch (one o'clock)... the medicine that i'm on makes me so sleepy, and so i wake up, eat breakfast, sleep, do something for the afterrnoon, take the medicine again and sleep. It's been such a wonderful experience to be able to stay with the Corey's. they are such great people...amazing amazing people!!! I just have to remind myself that with the Lord all things are possible and if i come out of this stronger than I was... i've done well!!! That's my goal... and i have faith that i can accomplish it!!! well, i love you all, and i guess that i'll see you soon!

love from the fabulous state of indiana,
Sis. Alex SMITH

No comments:

Post a Comment