Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hey hey family!

This was an awesome week... no actually... it was beyond awesome!! Being a missionary is the best thing in the world!!! I'm almost out of time, so this is just going to be a giant jumble of things that happened this week... hope it makes since... whoops... i mean sense... Hoosiers are doing crazy things to my grammar and spelling... so just laugh... and don't' judge... okay!!?

We've had some awesome dinner appointments... my favorite was with the Smith family... Bro. Smith is 80 yrs old, an he's my best bud.. he says that we Smiths' have to stick together... :) he makes me laugh all the time!! Edie is doing well.. we had a great lesson with her about baptism yesterday, she knows that she needs to get baptized with the proper authority, she just needs to get a testimony of the church first... and I know that it's growing!!! We did service for her, and it was kind of gross... I found tons of mouse poop, and she said that mice are taking over her kitchen!!! Did I tell you that Ashley P and her kids came to church last week? They are a less active family that we've been working with, and we went and ate with them on Thursday, and she said that her 5 yr old has been asking everyday to go back to singing school!! I'm so glad that they liked it.. it's so crazy how much you grow to love people that you work with... I love so many people so much... didn't think that you could love so many people... but I just keep loving more and more all the time!!! I had the nerve damage test done, and I don't recommend it to anyone... you know how I laugh when I'm in pain? Well, I was laughing so much, I was crying!!! It was a blast!!! The needle was so long!! I didn't see it until afterward... and I'm glad of that!!! ;) One time the doctor asked me if I was going to pass out, and he grabbed my arm... must have looked like it, but I sure didn't think I was going to... :) We also did service for Carolynn this week... I have some awesome pictures of furry food.. we were laughing so much.. it's better to laugh then cry or throw up right?? We've also been getting a lot of exercise... we walked everywhere one day, but I don't think that was the safest thing to do.. We found out something later about the area we were in... So I don't know that we'll do that again... But we're super protected as missionaries!!!! :) Oh, and yesterday was the most awesome day!!! We had 5 sit down lessons with investigators!!!! It was SUCH a productive day!!! It was so awesome!!!!!! Oh, Diana (the one waiting for transplants) has been released from the hospital and is now on the top of the waiting list,... we're hoping that she gets a donor is a week or two... She's the sweetest lady ever, and we got to meet her husband yesterday!!!

Well, I better run!!! It's kind of hard to write down the things that have happened in a week... there is so much it would take pages and pages, and even if I were the best writer in the world, there is absolutely no way that i could convey the feelings that are in my heart!!! It's such an awesome thing to be a missionary, and to go about serving people 24/7. It's a hard thing to loose yourself, to stop thinking of yourself and start thinking about others, and to love people so much and to get a small glimpse of the love that Heavenly Father has for all of His children. Being a missionary is the best work in the world, and I'm so glad that I get to be a part of this marvelous work and a wonder... that's really what it is!!!

Have a great week family!!! Love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Sister Smith :D

No comments:

Post a Comment