Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hope you had as good a time at church as I did!! :)

Hey hey family!! Did you know that in only 12 days or something crazy like that I get to call you??!?!?!?!! Isn't that so exciting!!?!? I'm so excited to talk to you and hear all your wonderful voices!! Be sure to have questions, or things that you want to ask so we can make the best use of our time! :) I'm so excited!! Can you believe that I've been back out for 3 1/2 months!!? It doesn't seem like that long! I just reached my EIGHT month mark on Saturday!!! May 24 is my hump mark!! Yikes!! Time sure flies when you're having a good time... This week has been a hard one for sure. I've finally come to realize that what Heavenly Father needs is ME... not some clone of any other missionary... but ME. I got a blessing from my amazing DL, Elder Magleby, on Friday and in the blessing he said that there are people that I need to touch in this area, and that really hit me... I've been forgetting who I am the past couple of weeks. Trying to figure things out, but I haven't be happy. I've been doing a lot of reflecting about what kind of missionary I am... I've thought a lot about what kind of missionary I was when I first came out in June, and what kind of missionary I was when I came out in January...I was so excited to share the gospel... I taught simply because I didn't know how else to teach... I spoke from the heart because I tried to see the people we taught through the eyes of the Savior... it's definitely true that as a missionary, and as a Disciple of Christ that we need to forget ourselves and focus more on others, but it's important to take the time to notice what we've done well, and to always remember that we are children of God! And that He loves us so much!! I was reading a talk this last week about how a true sense of worth comes from having a close relationship with God.. and that is something I am definitely working on!!

Wow... that was a ramble... but that's a little of what's been on my mind! This week was awesome!! We had SIX... I repeat... SIX investigators at church on Sunday!!!! 2 families!!! The beginning of this transfer I prayed that I would be able to teach a family... and we're teaching two!!! Heavenly Father is so good to me!!! We've had our ups and downs this week... but the best part is seeing myself grow as a missionary as I teach others and help them to come closer to Christ... I've really been working on focusing... and while it's been hard... I know that I'm improving and even though it might be such a small change it's hardly noticeable.. it's a change!!! We haven't been working with any new people... just the same wonderful people that I've grown to love so much, and I'm going to miss if i get transferred!! I've been taking a lot of pictures with people... so I'll be sure to never forget them.. Sorry this email isn't much about what happened this week... but the most exciting thing was having all those people at church. I hope that you have a great week... I love you all so much and I hope that you know that!!!

Love,
Sister Alex Smith :)

No comments:

Post a Comment