Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hey family!!!

How's the weather in Cache Valley? It's sure beautiful here!! It reminds me of pruning weather... I sure miss the orchard!!

Well, this week was so amazing!!! We had 22 sit down lessons, which means (kind of obvious!) that we sit down and teach a lesson with prayer and everything... it was awesome!! When I was reporting numbers our district leader said something under his breath... and I asked him what he said and he had said "good night!!" t's really hard to get that many... it was a miracle week!!!!

Tuesday we cleaned a TON and rearranged everything to get ready for our new companion... it's much better organized than it was before... we have a lot more space :) Then we went to the zoo, and we got in free!! Iit was a big blessing... some members took us and their little 4 yr old was so funny!!! He wanted to show us everything!!! We have about 10 elders there, and then just Sister Jensen and I, so it must have looked funny... dispel all those myths about polygamy... 10 guys and 2 girls!!! :D We saw an amazing dolphin show, saw lions and tigers and bears (oh my!), and lots of other animals... it was awesome!!

Wednesday we had transfers, and it was a great birthday!!! I got sung to a lot... and had an amazingly awesome package to open from you!!! Then we had an awesome lesson with a rc.. who when she read the scripture about if you die filthy, you are filthy still... she yelled... "oh, I love that!!!" She's so funny... it's awesome to see how strongly she feels about the church... now I just wish she would come!!!!!!!! :(

Thursday was another awesome day!! We had a great lesson with a rc couple who is smoking again... and I had an awesome experience about teaching by the spirit... it's awesome to see how things come to mind that I wouldn't ever dream of bring up, but it's what they needed to hear...

Friday we had 5 sit downs... woo-hoo!! We also had an awesome correlation meeting with our mission leader, we're trying to revamp the ward mission plan... it's coming along and we're so excited!!!

Saturday we had an awesome couple of lessons... one with a family who used to come to our church and they tried out another one, and now they want to come back!!! They listed so intently, it was an awesome lesson!!

Sunday we didn't have any investigators at church, but we scheduled an appointment with a guy that one of our members has been bringing for awhile, and when we told the member he pumped his fist!! He was SO excited!!! Member missionary work is awesome!!! :) It was also our Easter program, and they were so excited that I didn't get transferred!!! The choir director said that I keep everyone on pitch and am the loudest singer... It was a good program, but I didn't really know the music which made it interesting!! Oh boy, then we had the best dinner I've had my whole mission!! It was gourmet!!! Yum... my mouth waters just thinking about it!! :)

Monday we walked a couple of miles trying people, had a lot of appointments fall through, but taught some pc lessons, which was good!!! We met the sweetest couple.. they've been married for 70 years!!! They are la, except we don't think that they know they are members... :)

Well, I better run, my companions are waiting for me!!! I hope that you all have a great week!! Thanks again for the birthday package!! It was so much fun to open and feel all of your love!!! I love you all so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love from Sister Smith! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment