Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Another awesome week!

Good morning family!! I hope that this weekend was good!! I'm so sad that I couldn't be there... but I hope it was a beautiful wedding!! Guess what!! I think I have my brains back!! I was having some bad side effects with the medicine I was taking, so the nurse told me to stop taking it. It was causing my kidneys to overwork, not a good thing... but now my kidney's are fine and my brain is coming back!! I'm so happy!! I feel like my old self again!! and even without taking the medication for my arm, it's doing very well considering. This was a pretty good week... definitely full of learning experiences though!! What kind of week would it be without 'em??

So TUESDAY we finally went to the IMA (Indiana Museum of Art) and had an awesome time... we're sure getting to know Elder Simmons and Mourra really well, they're the only elders who ever do anything with us!! Later that night we did mutual for the ward and Spanish branch, and we talked about serving missions and being a missionary. They were a little out of control... but we managed. They decorated these huge cookies with different things that we'd talked about... they were pretty frosting covered!! Oh, and there was a kid named Mason who got mugged right in front of his house on Tuesday!! Crazy!! What a ridiculous world we live in!!

WEDNESDAY was a good day.. we did some tracting, and all the people that we talked to were telling us about how they have friends who are LDS and how they've asked them questions and had good discussions with them... way to go being missionaries people!! You never know when simply being a friend will (as Aunt Liz just said in an email) plant a seed that may not grow into them being a member, but simply having good will towards the church is huge!!! We met with an awesome RC named Sara... who has a missionary coming home in.. something like 32 days!! She is so excited!! We're almost done teaching her the new member lessons... she is so awesome!! It's amazing to see the promise that when we put things in our minds... then the Holy Ghost can bring the to our remembrance... I was just pulling out scripture after scripture... and it wasn't because I'm a scriptorian.. but because of the spirit. Teaching by the spirit is the only way to do it... when I'm just teaching by my own wisdom... the spirit isn't really there and I stumble over my words... but when I teach by the spirit... it's amazing!!!!! The spirit is the coolest thing ever!!! Oh, then Wednesday night we had dinner with the Hemmert's and they had the Chandley/Curl family over for a lesson and dinner. It was really good... we talked about the Family Proclamation... and Lisa was talking about how she makes everyone's bed, but no one ever makes hers, and the kids were saying... but you and dad share a bed!! And she said "Not any more until we're married!!" It's been amazing this week to see how we don't even have to bring up these issues that we're concerned about... the spirit brings them to these peoples minds and THEY bring them up!!!

THURSDAY we had interviews and we didn't even have to wait!!! President Corey said to me "So Sis. Smith... you've been in White River a long time... how do you feel about leaving?" Dang it... I was hoping I'd never get transferred!!!!! I told him that White River is like home to me, and that I have very mixed feeling about leaving. It seems that I always leave an area when we have baptismal dates (not any yet, but we're working on it!) and the work is really starting to progress. I must've sounded a little frustrated... because then Pres. told me somethings that I really needed to be reminded of... sometimes I have the opportunity to be the harvester... but a lot of times I get to plant and nourish seeds!!! I just have to keep that in mind!! So... transfers are on May 4... and we'll find out on May 3 if I'm leaving or staying!!! Yikess!! New area... I think I'm headed your way!!! Oh... and I forgot the best part of the day!!! well, at least... one of them!! You know the service that we do?? Well, we were invited to a volunteer appreciation thing and we were the volunteers of the year... we also happen to BE the only volunteers... :) They had a man playing the saxophone and he kept talking to us/singing to us... and trying to get us to dance and such... and when he found out what religion we were he said "What... they CAN dance!!" It was really funny... then this guy came up to us and was singing us a silly song...apparently I turned VERY red... :) Then that night we had a lesson with Chris and Cindy at a member's home... and it was awesome!!! They brought up ALL their concerns and it was amazing to have all the things that we were going to bring up... have THEM bring them up!!! They need to get married...but if they do, they'll lose social security disability or something like that... I remembered a quote that they told us at the MTC about how when we teach by the spirit... people ask US for baptism!!! Chris and Cindy want to be baptized so bad... they always talk about it... but we're working on some issues.... Then we went to addiction recovery with someone... and it was awesome!! I love Addiction Recovery!! It's such an awesome program!!

FRIDAY we had an awesome district meeting... Elder Magleby gives the best trainings... he's an awesome elder. Then we had an interesting lesson with a investigators daughter... it was a Bible bash... It's really so amazing to teach by the spirit... because I wouldn't think of these things on my own... but the spirit has the best ideas!!! I know I've said that a lot.. but it really is amazing!!! The rest of the day was fairly normal-ish... trying people, teaching people about the gospel... etc... :)

SATURDAY we did service in a historical part of town... it's so pretty!! We picked up a lot of trash... and Sis. Spindler and I had a great conversation about scripture scouts!! She used to listen to them when she went to sleep too!!! :) Then I really wasn't feeling very well... so we rested a bunch of the day... I'm feeling so much better now that I'm not taking the medication... whew... i was worried my problems were something more serious... thank goodness they're not!!! Oh boy... then we got told that we were having a race to see who could share the most BOM scriptures in day... and we went crazy!!! We had a dinner appointment with Mary (a la) and I told her about the contest, and she let us share with her about 8 scriptures!!! SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She never even lets us share a thought about the gospel!!! BTW... we won the contest with 21 scriptures!!! :) Sisters are the best... We blow everyone else out of the water... JK... :)

SUNDAY we had Ward Conference... and guess who I met?? Guesses anyone... President Pitcher!!! Tiffany's older brother!!! I told him about living so close to them... and it was great to talk to him!! He's super nice... Ward Conference was amazing!! They talked about how we have the responsibility to bring people back... we have 20% attendance in our ward... 93 active members, and 465 members!!! The ward has a lot of work to do!! Then we had dinner with Sister Mills... she goes on splits with us all the time... she's the best. Then we went and saw Lori and Stephanie in the hospital... it was great to meet Stephanie... she's doing so much better!!!!

YESTERDAY we had an awesome day!!! Everyday is awesome when you're a missionary!! We did service at the Rehab Center, had a lesson with Rachel a RC, had a lesson with Rob the rc who dropped off the earth for a couple of months..., talked to Blair, scheduled some appointments, and had a sweet lesson with the Chandley/Curl family talking about Bible stories and the role of a prophet.

All in all... a beyond awesome week!!! It's been an interesting one growing wise... I'm working on some serious issues of pride, selfishness and anger... but as long as I'm trying... all is well... and I'm working hard... I hope that you all have a great week!!! I love you all so much!!!

Love,
Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment