Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May 4, 2010 email

The b-awesome week!!

Dear family...I love you so much!!! I hope that you know that!!! :) I've been realizing that I was probably a bear to get along with... (I know you're all just nodding your heads!).. Even if I was a quiet bear... so sorry about all of that!!! :) I'll be a changed person when I get home!!!!! Corrupted actually... my zone is doing a good job of that.... you'll not recognize me... just kidding...I'll still be the same Sister Smith!!! Except hopefully I'll have grown spiritually.... growing is good as long as it's not OUT!!! Ha ha...I'm working on that!!! :)

Anyways... this week has been awesome!! Actually it was b-sweet if "ya know what I'm talking 'bout!" I'm pretty sure I'm going to come home talking like more of a hick then when I left... and apparently I have a pretty strong Utah accent... my comps love making fun of me... but it's better to laugh them cry right??

So guess how many people we had at church on Sunday?? SEVEN!!!! That's one of the things that made this week b-sweet!! Beyond sweet for those of you who don't know what in the world I'm talking about... you may not be "picking up what I'm putting down!!!" Another Hoosier phrase... aw...I'm going to miss this beautiful inner city ward!!! :( But as a lot of people have said to me... I've got people who I need to work with in my next area.... and I guess that my work is done here!! I've been here for almost 6 months all together... I'm just saying 6 months... it takes up less breath than saying five and a half... gotta save that breath for... preaching the gospel!!

Hmmm... so I should probably stop rambling... and tell you something that happened this week right?? Hm... I've taken a LOT of pictures!!! Oh, I played the piano this week.. shh.. but don't tell anyone!! I strapped my wrist up really tight so it couldn't move... :) So all is well!! I had an MRI and listened to the same cd twice... it was SO long!!! MRI's are such a pain!!! We'll find out on Wednesday what is wrong with my wrist... I have the sweetest tan line!! I'll be sure to take pictures of it!! When I was taking off the brace at the Dr... I said, "I have the sweetest tan line!!" And the doctor was like "It's sweet is it!?" I guess sweet isn't the right word for it... but it'll suffice!!

We finally got some tracting in... 23 lessons for this week!!! Sets a new record for this area... We've been getting something like 4 a week... lame I know.. but even if we're not tracting... we're still preaching the gospel!!! :) And we've had some amazing (I'll refrain from saying sweet!) lessons... I love being a missionary!!! It really is the best work... and I know I say that about every email.. but it's true... :) We also committed 4 people to baptism this week... and should be setting some dates soon!! Woo-hoo... and RIGHT when I get transferred!! Oh well... at least I got to plant some seeds here in White River!!!!

This gospel is so amazing... and the church is true... I love being a member of this church!!! It makes me so happy!!! :)

Well, I better run!! I hope that you have a good week... and I'll talk to you on Sunday!!!! :D

Love Sister Alex Smith <3 (that a heart if you couldn't tell!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment