Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May 11, 2010 email

Week one in Bloomington!

HELLO FROM BLOOMINGTON INDIANA!!!!

I don't actually have that much to say since I just talked to you!!! Wasn't that a treat?? I wish I could talk to you all the time... but I understand why they don't let us... it's distracting and I miss you so much more since I talked to you'ns (pronounced u-in-zz). But it's been a good week and I'm definitely growing a lot!!! My new companion (Sis. Bernard) and I have been getting along great...I'm getting happier everyday, but I've also been learning a lot that I really just made the choice to be grouchy!! Yes my companions and I had issues.. but if I would've dealt with those problems with a smile... they wouldn't have seemed so big!!! It's hard to smile when you feel like crying, but it definitely works!!! I've been thinking a lot about "get on your knees and plead for help, then get on your feet and get to work!!" I've been doing a lot of praying this week... I miss White River and my companions and all the elders up there SO much!!! That's been a really hard adjustment for me... but I'm managing!! President Corey committed us to make this new area and companion the best of our whole mission... and Sister Bernard and I have decided that we're going to set this area on fire!!! :D It's going to be an awesome transfer!!! We really don't have many investigators... but we're working on building relationships of trust with the ward so they'll give us referrals, and we've been doing a lot of tracting and found some sweet new people!! Yesterday we tracted into a Pentecostal preacher and learned a lot about their beliefs... we're going to go to his church soon... :) It will be awesome!!!

Well... I better run!!! It was so great to hear all of your wonderful voices on Sunday!! I love you all so much!!! Can you believe that my mission is almost 1/2 way over!!! It's gone by fast... but at the same time... I can't believe that I still have almost 10 months left!!! But I'm sure it will fly and I'll be home before I know it!!! Have a great week!! I know I'm going to!!!

Love Sister Alex Smith

P.S. Sorry this email is so short!!! I'll do better next week!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment