Tuesday, June 9, 2009

missionary wardrobe: SKIRTS


SKIRTS - newCreationapparel.com - This company has the best skirts ever! I've been wearing their skirts for about 3 years and have absolutely loved them. They also have the best customer service I've ever seen. Over the years I've become good friends with the owner of the company, and what an amazing friend she has been! In preparation for my mission, she helped me pick out the best skirts for constant walking and use. She also gave me a beautiful Pashmina scarf which is a cashmere/silk blend... it's beautiful to say the least!!! Below are some of my most favorite missionary skirts:
Vogue Midnight Blue - $33.00Faux Suede Riding Skirt - $33.00

Flared Trumpet Skirt - $33.00

In looking for missionary skirts, I've tried to find skirts that I have LOTS of walking room. As you can most likely tell from the above pictures, I love flared/panel skirts. What is really nice about these skirts, is that you can wash and dry most of them. Most of them are about 33-36" inches long which is pretty much ankle length for me... I love long skirts since I can wear thermals or leggings underneath, and no one can tell! It's also essential as a missionary since you need to have all your skirts/dresses mid-calf length. I also got a really great tip from a recently returned RM... she said that she got some shorter skirts (knee length or longer) and wore them underneath her skirts in the very cold, humid winters. I thought that was a great idea!!

"As the teachings of the Savior are consistently obeyed,
life will be beautiful, the future secure,
and there will be capacity to
overcome the challenges that cross our path."

Richard G. Scott - Ensign, Nov. 2001, 87

3 comments:

  1. I liked jumpers too for a cold mission (Montreal). I could layer a turtleneck and skirt under the jumper and a sweater on top.
    I also layered socks (but NEVER wore nylons, no matter what they said at the MTC).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great item for cold weather missions are fleece-lined tights- you can get them at SisterMissionaryClothes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see more of your skirts for sale

    ReplyDelete