Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hey my beautiful/handsome family!! How are you all doing? I love you all so much... I hope that everything is going well, and that you're staying warm!! I'm toasty... it's so funny, because Sister Jenson and I both think that this is such warm weather, and then one of the sisters (from California) is freezing... I always go up to her and say... "this feels like summer!!" even though it's only about 45-55!!! But that is much warmer than 10 with wind chill and such!! It's like a sauna with the humidity though... can't wait for summer!!! ;)

Oh, before I forget... I just wanted to thank Dad again for the generous use of his gps... we have now named him and he's one of our constant companions... I really surprised myself at how well I know this area... we just use him sometimes... but he is pretty awesome!! His name is Benjamin and we are so grateful for his amazing knowledge of this area!! We love him!!

So, here is a brief summary of this week...
TUESDAY - we had an awesome p-day. We went outside and most of the missionaries played soccer, but I had my arm in a sling, and as much as they tried to convice me that soccer only requires your feet... they couldn't win me over...I think... yep, we did... we had our entire zone there!! It was sweet!! I got to talk to Sister Rich a lot, and got to know Sister Haefele a little better... later that night we had an appointment with Merwyn from Kuwait, and we didn't get much of a chance to talk because the store we were at was closing, but we had a good talk about the BOM and prophets... then we went and saw our new favorite friend... Blair... she is so awesome!! It's so neat to see how the spirit can touch people, and even though she doesn't really know much about the gospel, she is striving to change her life... and she is so much happier since coming back to church!!!

WEDNESDAY - we had a doozy of a lesson with a referral from a YSA member... he just wanted to bible bash, and convince us that we were wrong... but there is no shaking my testimony!!! I love the gospel!! He pretty much told us that we were children of the devil!! :) ha ha... we were just laughing inside! Then we went and saw Edie... she is so sweet!! I love her... then I don't remember what we did... in the afternoon... probably some missionary work though... then in the evening we went to institute with Blair and we talked to her for about 45 minutes afterwards answering a million questions that she has... I love it when people have questions!!! Oh, and you want to know something sad.. so we got a referral from a member, and we just never got around to visiting her, and she just died!! I felt really bad...but I guess now missionaries on the other side are teaching her... they knew that she was dying, and I didn't really want to invade on the last few days that they had with her... but I still feel bad...

THURSDAY - we were supposed to have interviews... but they got canceled, but then we still had a training by the assistant... so Elder West and Snow figured out how much they want me to sue for... Elder West requires 33% of whatever I get AND $25,000... I think I might be looking for a new lawyer... :) I'm so glad that elders make me laugh... it makes a mission so much easier!!! Then we went downtown and taught a kid who is moving here from Fort Wayne... or South Bend... can't remember.. but anyways, he asked us at institute to share a message with him the next day because he was having a really hard week.. so we did... we love to help members!! It got some awesome pictures of the circle center, but I forgot my camera cord... then we had dinner with Mary ... and it was super normal... but Sister Jenson thought the jello was disgusting... but it was one of the better ones... :)

FRIDAY we had DM, tracted... talked to 15 people, but only managed to teach 3 lessons... success!! Then we had everything fall through, so we tried to find out where some more LA's were, and we found so many!! then we went and visted Diana.. she finds out this week if she's eligible for the transplants!

SATURDAY we went to 3 baptisms! It was an awesome day!! So the first one was into our YSA, so it counted as our number so we helped a lot with it... we did a lot ... the elders owe us big time... then we went and talked to Carolynn... interesting discussion there.. :)... then we went to 2 spanish baptisms, because Sis.Jenson was playing at them, Elder Garcia translated for us, and it was hilarious!! During the getting dressed part, they were showing "the mediator" and he was making up so much stuff... and Sister J. turned to him and said "I HAVE seen this movie!!" He was better at translating after that!! He was sitting in between us so we could both hear him, and he was like "This is so awkward!! I haven't done this in a very long time!!" Then we went with an awesome member from the zone leaders ward to visit Blair and her mom, and it was awesome!!!

SUNDAY - we had church.. and then we had an awesome lesson with a guy that the sisters found in November!!! He agreed with everything and was so prepared!!! I really love member present lessons now... they are so awesome!!!! Then I got to talk to Janna and Tom... I love them so much!!!!!!

MONDAY - we visited some LA's, went and sang at the rest home... one lady said to us "don't Mormons hate black people?" and we assured her that we LOVE black people... they always ask us such interesting questions... one girl (a nurse) said "oh, I missed the singing!!" because we got there late... didn't know they liked it so much! Guess what..I'm singing Sister Corey's new song at a fireside on Sunday!!! I get to sing a duet with an Elder that Sister Corey says has the most amazing voice in the mission... that makes me feel good that I was asked to sing with him... anyways... then we talked to Michelle.. a LA we haven't been able to talk to in a couple of months... and it wasn't on our plans, but it was totally inspired by the spirit she stared bawling... I love it when I follow the spirit and see the results!!

TUESDAY - we went to the doctor for me, I already told you what happens there... then the sewer backed up... then we went to the children's museum... and it was an all around awesome day!!!

Well, I better run!! Have an awesome week!! I love you all and look forward to hearing from you... ;)

Love, Sis. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment